Ordering Information for Tree Seedlings
All Georgia Forestry Commission (GFC) tree seedlings are adapted to Georgia's unique climate and soils. They have been cultured to provide a fibrous root system, large stem diameter, and abundant energy reserves to insure the best possible survival and growth. Seedlings are sold as bareroot and should be planted as soon as possible. Until planting, keep the seedlings cool and damp. Provide air circulation and protect from heat, freezing, and drying conditions.
- The Georgia Forestry Commission begins taking applications for seedling orders in June for the following planting season (December through February).
- Weekly deliveries to GFC county offices begin the first week of December and continue through February.
- Payment must accompany each order. For orders totaling $1,000 or more, a 10 percent down payment will reserve trees until November 15, at which time full payment must be received.
- No refunds on orders cancelled after November 15.
- Discounts are available for orders of 100,000 pines or 10,000 hardwoods.
- Report problems with seedling quality or quantity to your local GFC office immediately.